I’m so happy to announce that I have been nominated for my second Sunshine Blogger Award! I would like to thank the very awesome The Newbury Girl for this nomination. The Newbury Girl is a beauty and wellness blogger who promotes sustainability. I encourage you check out her blog. She radiates positive vibes.
Shortly after creating this post, I was nominated for a third Sunshine blogger award from the very Awesome Ellie! You can find her amazing book blog at A Book Devourer. I love reading other book blogs and Ellie is doing an amazing job at her site. I’m a voracious reader and I really enjoy following Ellie’s blog.
The four rules of receiving the Sunshine Blogger Award are simple. They are:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions they’ve asked you.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions.
4. Notify your nominees & HAVE FUN!
1. Why did you start blogging?
I’m still very new to the world of blogging, so I can hardly believe that this is my second Sunshine Blogger Award (click here to see my first!). I started in early October as a way to share my passions and to connect with diverse people from throughout the world. The blogging community has been wonderfully warm and supportive. It has been a delight to get to know so many wonderful people.
2. If you could only wear mascara or lipstick for the rest of your life, which would you chose?
I would have to chose lipstick. I have a complicated eye condition and I’m not allowed to wear any eye makeup at all. My eyes become red and painful by the end of the day when I cheat and wear even a hint of eyes shadow.
3. Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, or Chronicles of Narnia?
That’s a hard choice, but I would have to say Lord of the Rings! I’m a giant nerd at heart. Bring on the epic fantasy!
4. If you could be any Disney character, who would you be and why?
I would be Moana because she’s Polynesian and she reminds me of my Filipino heritage. Also, I would love to learn to sail and go on adventures with my loyal pets.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Twickenham, London. It’s this beautiful little village along the banks of the Thames. I completely fell in love with it last year when I visited. One morning while we were out for a walk, the mist was rising over the water and I saw two swans. It was all stunningly beautiful. (For more about my infatuation with this place and the famous poet who lived there, check out 25 Bookish Facts about me!)
6. What TV show are you currently binging?
I just finished watching Truth and Power on Netflix. It’s a documentary series about “individuals and groups who expose freedom-crushing practices in private corporations and the government.”
7. What was the last book you read?
I’m usually reading about five books at once, but the last one I finished was Poems from a Loquacious Heart: Prayers by Christina Crahall. I really admire her poetry, and I was so excited that she allowed me to interview her.
8. What is your favorite flower?
My favorite flowers are roses and lilies. I like roses because they represent love and lilies because they represent rebirth.
9. Dogs or cats?
I have both! My chihuahua is named Tinkerbell and my cat is named Zeus (because he thinks that he is king). They are quite the unique pair. Zeus is seventeen pounds and Tinkerbell is only seven pounds.
10. What is your favorite trait or feature?
It might be vain to admit, but I really like my hair. I have Filipino hair that is dark, thick, and wavy.
My hair is so thick that I have made hairdressers actually cry with frustration when I’ve asked for an updo. It took nearly five hundred bobby pins to set it for prom. Sometimes, i wish I had normal “white girl” hair, but deep down, I’m quite fond of my unruly mane.
11. Outside of blogging, what is your favorite hobby or pastime?
I spend a lot of time working. I absolutely love my job and it completes me.
My other main pastimes include:
-Writing (I have a small book of poetry coming out in December)
-Running (I’m planning to run a marathon in 2019)
-Spending time with my family.
- Imagine that an alien from Mars comes to visit you. He wants to learn about what it means to be human, but he only has time to read three-five books before he goes and encounters the rest of humanity. What books would you give him to read?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Why?
- Have you ever read a book that tore out your heart and made you cry? What book was it?
- Have you ever read a book that terrified you so much you couldn’t sleep? What book was it?
- What books would you recommend as Christmas presents?
- What are you currently reading?
- Have you ever read a book that was so funny it made you laugh in public? What was it?
- If you could have a dinner party with any three guests (alive or dead) who would you invite?
- What advice do you have for other bloggers, especially if they are feeling discouraged?
- What was the last song you had stuck in your head?
- Rose Marie @ Books and Stuff: https://booksandstuff.blog/
- Shanice Palmer at Faith n Turtles @ https://faithnturtles.com/
- Herding Cats @ Like Herding Cats: https://likeherdingcatsblog.wordpress.com/
- Eline @ Lovely Audiobooks: https://lovelyaudiobooks.info/
- Unsubs Central: https://unsubscentral.com/
- The Joyous Living
- Angela @ Hiding Behind Books Blog
- Karen @ The Mommy Lady
- Amanda @ Devouring Books
- Steph @ Books Love Readers
- Len @ Len’s Cup of Tea
Thanks so much for reading! I encourage you to check out these great bloggers! Also, don’t forget to Subscribe to my blog so that you never miss a post.